Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

Hannah's life is extremely complicated. She's got a dad who lives in a castle in New York with his "pretty girls" where he runs his own television show, and a mom who used to be a "pretty girl" but now hosts her own website. After being embarrassed by her parents for way too long, she's honed her ability to stay under the radar. That doesn't help her soul mate, Josh, realize that she's the one for him, or get Finn to quit harassing her all the time with his jokes and sarcastic comments. Suddenly, she starts thinking about Finn a little more than she's supposed to. What's a girl to do?

I started this book yesterday afternoon and finished it just a few hours later. It clips along, staying in one place long enough for you to enjoy it but fast enough so you won't get bored. This book had me hooked from the first page! I expected a light, funny read out of this book, and I certainly got that. It made laugh out loud (literally). However, it surprised me with its depth, making Hannah a girl everyone can relate to, in one way or another.

The characters were absolutely the best part of the book. Although Hannah doesn't have many friends there is Teagan, and I think everyone has a friend like her sometime in life. You know, the friend you talk to about (almost) everything. There's also Josh, the guy who is so perfect he's completely out of reach, or so Hannah thinks. Hannah herself does what everyone of us do on a day to day basis; the best she can. Although her problems are, in some ways, greater than my own, I completely "got" her and her actions.

Overall, this was a great read! I think I'll be reaching for more of Elizabeth Scott's work soon.

My rating- 4/5 stars

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home