Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rumors by Anna Godbersen

Once again, we start at the end. Henry Schoonmaker, still the most eligible bachelor in NYC, is getting married. But to who? And are the rumors that Elizabeth Holland is actually alive really true? For that, you'll have to read the book.

I think that I'm really starting to settle into the story of this series. I'm finally beginning to form attachments to the characters. My favorite character is Diana Holland. She's so young, only sixteen, and full of so much life and vigor. Just as I've fallen in love with Diana, I've also began to form serious dislikes against some of the characters as well. Mrs. Holland seems to be concerned about only what everyone else's opinion is of the family. It seems to be the most important thing to her, even to the detriment of her daughters' lives. Penelope Hayes is also beginning to majorly get on my nerves. She's so cunning and full of evilness!

The plot in this book is just as captivating as that of The Luxe. This book encompasses just the last few days of 1899, yet still, so much manages to happen! I love the way the book starts at the end. It left me wanting to rush to the end to find out how things had ended up like this. The ending was great as well. I am most definitely going to be looking for a copy of Envy, the third book in this series.

Rumors is a great continuation of the Luxe Series. I most definitely recommend both this book, and the series, to all with a love of historical fiction and the lives of people who lived long ago.


My rating: 4/5 stars

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home