Monday, August 31, 2009

Hamlet (Play)


In this play, Shakespeare goes paranormal. Hamlet thought his father was a great man. He was devastated by his death. After his mother remarries to his uncle not long after, he becomes angry. How could she forget one man in favor of another so quickly? Then he encounters his father’s ghost. The ghost tells him of how its death was not an accident as it appeared but instead a horrid murder. Macbeth will avenge his father’s death, if things go as planned.


I think this was my favorite play that I read as part of this challenge. It had a good bit of romance in it, as well plenty of tragedy. My favorite part about this was that there was a play within the play. I thought that was neat. Sort of like when a character in a book reads a book.


This was a bit of a longer play, and I felt like parts of it dragged on a bit. There was so much anticipation, and I was never exactly sure where things were going. Things ended quite interestingly. Plus, it was nice to know which play the famous quote "To thine own self be true." came from.

I now feel as if I'm just a bit more well read after reading some of Shakespeare's plays. This post is my final post as part of A Shakespearean Summer Challenge which ends today. What can I say? Procrastination is my friend.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home