Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Feelin' Like a Ninja

Becca Fitzpatrick, author of Hush, Hush is having a launch contest with an awesome prize pack. You can find out info about the contest here. I thought it sounded like fun, so I went to the nearest bookstore, which just happened to be 45 miles away, with my parents. We incorporated it with other stuff we needed to do "in town" so we wouldn't be wasting gas.

Anyway, we went into the store, and my dad made me ask the lady at the register if I could. I was not planning to ask because I'm sure Becca wouldn't ask anyone to do anything illegal. Right? The lady at the register said that it would be fine... As long as Bart, the manager, didn't see me. Huh? After waiting for everyone to clear the YA section, which has just been doubled in size, I took this:


Sorry about my unphotogenic-ness, but isn't the book lovely? The store had 11 copies which is way more than the number of copies they have of most books. It looks lovely.

Then, I got to feeling a bit slap-happy and decided to take a few more pictures of other lovely books. Of course, I couldn't take pictures of the all the books, so I just picked a few that I haven't read.

First off, Struts & Frets by Jon Skovron. I really like the font on the cover. It totally looks like a much better version of something I would do on a page of my notebook. I read the author bio on the back on the book, and did you know that he plays nine instruments?! That's pretty epic.

Here, we have Pemberley Manor and Her Fearful Symmetry, although you can't really see the cover of the latter. It's the one with the 20% off sign. xD I read the first couple chapters of Pemberley Manor, and it had me gasping in shock and then laughing in relief. It certainly looks like a much darker sequel than those I have read thus far. I haven't read The Time Traveler's Wife, but I've heard many people who absolutely adore that book and have eagerly been awaiting the author's next. I may have to give it a try.

The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy sounds amazing. It's a modern P&P, with Lizzy as an attorney. Can you think of a better place for her to show off her wit? I flipped through this one, and I'm thinking of buying myself a copy of it because I love the banter between Elizabeth and Darcy, who's a judge in this book.


And last but certainly not least, Brisingr Deluxe Edition! This is supposed to have a bunch of extra stuff in it, and it sounds like a lot of fun. Personally, this is my favorite cover of the three (so far) Inheritance Cycle books. You can read my review of Brisingr here.

So, this has been my bookstore adventure. What did you spy with your little eyes last time you were in a bookstore?

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home