Thursday, January 14, 2010

Movie Review: Belle and The Beast

Well, today's post is a bit late *sheepish smile*. This is mainly due to the fact that I had a piano lesson today, and I've had hardly any time to practice. Which is mainly due to the fact that I've been really busy with school, and I also really hate playing Sonatinas. I like listening to them, but my fingers never seem to be moving fast enough. But enough with the *cough*excuses*cough* reasons. On to the review!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belle lives at home with her father, younger brother, and younger sister. Along with taking care of them, she also has a part-time job and attends college. Her plate is pretty full, but it's about to get even more crowded.

Eric's rich, handsome, and a jerk. When Belle's father accidentally breaks a vase while working on the fireplace in Eric's house, Eric wastes no time in telling him that he plans to get him fired for his clumsiness. Their family can't afford to not have that income coming in, so Belle takes action and becomes Eric's assistant, replacing the one Eric fired earlier in the day.

She's in for a very interesting time.

Belle and The Beast has the subtitle A Christian Romance. The subject of faith comes up a few times, but never enough to be overwhelming.

The first half of the movie, the one thought that dominated my mind was what a jerk Eric was. I mean, really!! He's self-centered and has a huge temper. Belle must have more patience than I could ever imagine having. However, as the movie progresses, it's nice to find out what Eric's reasons are. Knowing the reasons behind a person's behavior always helps.

The person that had me laughing the most in this movie was Belle's very persistent wanna-be boyfriend. He was absolutely over the top in a hilarious, oh-my-goodness-you've-got-to-be-kidding-me sort of way!

Overall, this was a pretty good movie. The ending may have been a bit too easily concluded for my liking, but it still managed to make me smile.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home