Friday, May 8, 2009

Eragon by Christopher Paolini


Eragon happens to find a beautiful blue stone in the forest and hopes he will be able to trade it in order to buy food for his family to last through the winter. Little does he know he’s on his way to the journey of his life. The young dragon and Eragon are thrust into a world that Eragon had only heard stories about, and finding out things he never could of even imagined. Eragon’s future is a mystery, and no one knows if he will be able to be a legendary dragon rider.

It took me awhile to get around to reading this book, but I'm happy to say that I really enjoyed it! I’d put off reading it because I haven’t read much fantasy in the past and didn’t know whether it would fit me. After one of my friends recommended it to me, I finally picked it up.

The plot in this story is very intriguing. The book just sucks you in! In most of the book, it looks like the circumstances could go either way, good or bad. They didn’t always go good, which was somewhat refreshing from all of the happily ever after stories I’ve been reading lately. I liked the way things were explained. Many things that exist in the book do not exist in this world, and things were explained, I didn’t feel like the pace of the story slowed down too much. Although many of the characters were intriguing, I’d have to say that Solenbaum, the werecat who makes relatively brief appearances throughout the book, would have to be my favorite character. His dry sarcasm is quite refreshing!

Overall, a great read!
My rating- 4/5 stars

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home