Monday, June 29, 2009

What about this book?

I don't know about you, but I've been seeing Nothing But Ghosts by Beth Kephart everywhere, lately. There's the book drive going on at My Friend Amy and this positive review over at Presenting Lenore. Oh, and this hilarious interview.When I first saw this book, the title threw me off a little bit. The first thing I thought of was, "Ghosts? Not really my thing." That was before I read the summary and found out a little bit more of what the book was about.

Ever since her mother passed away, Katie's been alone in her too-big house with her genius dad, who restores old paintings for a living. Katie takes a summer job at a garden estate, where, with the help of two brothers and a glamorous librarian, she soon becomes embroiled in decoding a mystery. There are secrets and shadows at the heart of Nothing but Ghosts: symbols hidden in a time-darkened painting, and surprises behind a locked bedroom door. But most of all, this is a love story—the story of a girl who learns about love while also learning to live with her own ghosts.


The more I learn about this read, the more it intrigues me. I'll definitely be at the live chat tomorrow evening. What about you? Does this book sounds like something you'd like to read?

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home