Thursday, July 16, 2009

Death By Denim by Linda Gerber

Aphra is on the run, again. Someone has found out where her mom and her have been hiding. Someone who wants her dead. When Aphra and her boyfriend, Seth, slipped through The Mole's grip last summer that made The Mole mad. And making The Mole, whoever he is, mad is not something one wants to do.

First off, I really like the name "Aphra". Not a name I hear everyday. Actually, I don't think I've ever heard it. Anyway, I think it's cool. Now, down to the review.

Death by Denim had a great plot. It moved along quickly, and it was a fast read. I rarely had any idea what was coming, other than the ending. The ending was a bit predictable, but I really can't think of any other way the book could have ended satisfactorily.

Characters in this book were all well developed and interesting. Seeing everything from Aphra's view was intriguing. She had opinions about everything, as we all do, and it was interesting seeing whether her presumptions ended up being correct or not.

Overall, this was an interesting book. Not a OMG-read-as-fast-as-you-can-rush-to-the-ending, but it did hold my attention. I recommend.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home