Monday, July 6, 2009

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

Bertie has lived in the theatre all her life. It has been all she’s ever known. Always in the midst of trouble, one day she slips into a meeting with all the players when she is supposed to be meeting the theatre manager to hear the worst news of all; she has to leave the theatre. Not one to leave without a fight, she convinces the manager to let her stay if she proves herself invaluable. Doing this will be harder than she ever imagined.

I was incredibly happy to receive this book after reading many great things about it and seeing it featured in several Waiting on Wednesday posts. I’m happy to say that it certainly lives up to all the hype that it’s receiving. Eyes like Stars is a fabulous read!

The plot in this book is not something you come across every day. It’s refreshingly different and keeps the reader absorbed into this new and exciting world. It did take me a while to figure out how this world worked, but once I did the book flew by. I couldn’t put it down!

The characters in this book were absolutely intriguing! The fairies were full of vitality and had me chuckling several times. Bertie was always getting into something; either on purpose or by accident. Through the entire book, I was always wondering what would happen next.
Isn’t the cover of this book absolutely gorgeous? I think it’s great. I loved learning the story behind that blue hair. This cover fits the book perfectly.

Overall, this is an absolutely amazing read! You should definitely give this book a try. It will be released tomorrow, the 7th, but it's already been spotted in several bookstores! You’ll love it. This is the first book in a series, and I can’t wait till the next one comes out!

My rating: 5/5 stars

Steph Su Reads
My Favorite Author
Carrie’s YA Bookshelf
Amazon

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home