Saturday, March 27, 2010

2010 Debut Author Challenge

Here's a challenge that I've seen quite a few of you join, and I thought it would be fun to jump in as well:

The Story Siren

Hosted by The Story Siren, the purpose of this challenge is to read YA and MG books released in 2010 written by, you guessed it, debut authors!

Here's a few books I'm planning on reading for the challenge:

Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
I've been excited for this book since I first found out about it! In fact, it was my very first WoW post. It comes out on May 25th.

Change of Heart by Shari Maurer
I just recently came upon this novel while browsing goodreads, and it sounds like a great story! What would you do if you were not sure if you would get a heart you desperately needed to survive? It comes out in April.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
You should all go check out this author's blog: Natural/Artificial. I think it's great. Sandy introduced me to it. Here's what the book's about:

It's about a girl. It's about a boy. It's about Parisian boarding school, almond-scented macaroons, famous cemeteries, and cinemaphiles. It's about heartache. And it's about true love.

How am I supposed to wait until December? December??

Everlasting by Angie Frazier
I think this is one of the prettiest covers I've seen to date. And it's a historical! Love it. Comes out on June 1st.


Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
The premise behind this book is very intriguing to me. Death. And cults. Sounds compelling! It's out on September 7th.

Sea by Heidi R. Kling
The setting of this book, post-tsunami Indonesia, is definitely one of the first things that drew me to this book. I found out about Sea after following the author on twitter, @HeidiRKling. You should go follow her too! Bunches of fun. Coming in June!
---
I've also had the opportunity to read the following debut books. Reviews coming soon!

The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
The Snowball Effect by Holly Nicole Hoxter
The Mark by Jen Nadol
Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White
The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

This challenge is going to be a lot of fun!

Post contains Amazon affililate links.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home