Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd edited by Holly Black and Cecil Castellucci

Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd tells stories that every geek will enjoy. With short tales written by authors including M.T. Anderson, Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, John Green, Cynthia and Greg Letich Smith, David Levithan, Kelly Link, Barry Lyga, Tracy Lynn, Wendy Mass, Garth Nix, Scott Westerfeld, Lisa Yee, and Sara Zarr there's a writing style for everyone to love!

When I first began to read this book my initial thoughts were of doubt. Was I really geeky enough to read this book? I'm happy to say that although a few Star trek references went flying high above my head, this book was a ton of fun and held a lot of stories I could personally relate to. The stories are made of awesome, and I know I literally laughed out loud more than a couple times!

Overall, this is a great book that every person with even a little bit of geek (You know you have some!) will thoroughly enjoy. I most definitely recommend. This book will be released on August 1st, but you might want to check your bookstores because I saw it at the local Barnes & Nobles a couple of days ago.

My rating: 4/5 stars

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home