Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris

From authors' website: Combating the idea of adolescence as a vacation from responsibility, the authors weave together biblical insights, history, and modern examples to redefine the teen years as the launching pad of life and map a clear trajectory for long-term fulfillment and eternal impact.

Written by teens for teens, Do Hard Things is packed with humorous personal anecdotes, practical examples, and stories of real-life rebelutionaries in action. This rallying cry from the heart of revolution already in progress challenges the next generation to lay claim to a brighter future, starting today.


This is definitely one of those books that when you finish it, you grab all your friends and tell them to read it. Seriously. Most teen make a difference type books are written by people who are way past their teen years. There's nothing wrong with that, but it was refreshing to hear it from two guys that were only a few years older than me when they wrote this book.

The only thing that annoyed me in this book was that there were so many "likes" interspersed throughout. It's come to be one of my pet peeves.

I have the feeling that the message in Do Hard Things wil be sticking with me for a while. I guess it's my choice whether I choose to do something about it.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home