Saturday, November 14, 2009

IMM: Cool Stuff

This week, I received some things that I couldn't find pictures for, so I took my own. Let's just jump into it, shall we?

First off, I took a trip to my library. It was one of those times when I didn't have anything particular in mind, but I was sure I would walk out with something. I was right!

  • Room With a View is based on a novel by E.M. Forster, whose work I have never read. I watched this movie last night, and I'm really excited to read the book. The characters appear to be very complex.
  • Beastly by Alex Flinn is an adaption of the classic Beauty and The Beast tale. This particular novel is being made into a movie! I heard about this a couple months ago at Persnickety Snark.
  • Defying Gravity has absolutely sealed me as a Keith Urban fan. I've been listening to it at least once every day.

I received The Book Thief as a prize for a survey I did on Teenreads.com. I know this book is popular, but I actually haven't talked to anyone who has read it. If you have, what did you think of it?

The "got passion?" bumper sticker I picked up at a small bookstore/music store. I thought it was cool.

Lisa Schroeder, author of Chasing Brooklyn, I Heart You, You Haunt Me, and Far from You sent me fifteen Chasing Brooklyn bookmarks after I won a contest on her blog. I gave the majority of them to my library and a couple to my friends. So pretty!

Finally, I received some awesome stuff from a contest I won at TomDolby.com. I have a copy of Secret Society, and I'm really excited to read it. Do you know how to put on a temporary tattoo? I've never done it before, and I don't want to do it incorrectly. xD

That's it for this week. Thanks for taking the time to stop by! As always, In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home