Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Impulse and Initiative by Abigail Reynolds


Impulse and Initiative takes the question “What if?” and applies it to Pride and Prejudice. What if Mr. Darcy had returned to Netherfield and sought to capture Elizabeth with his words, deeds, and touch?

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect as I’ve never read a variation of any book before. I did have some moments where I was thinking, “He/she would NEVER do that!” But for most part, it was interesting to see what the characters might have done if thrown into certain situations. The love story was well written, especially if you like to see the more openly expressive side of Darcy. It was also a lot more intense. Elizabeth was full of as much wit as always! I really enjoyed the author’s voice in this book. The pace was fast enough to keep my attention, but slow enough so that I could catch all of the details.

Overall, it was a really good read. Oh, and it probably wouldn’t be absolutely necessary to pick up P&P before reading this. It stands pretty good on its own.

My rating is- 3.5/5 stars

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home