Saturday, May 30, 2009

Things to Know Before I Go

A couple months ago, I sent in an application to volunteer at a summer camp for a two weeks. About a month ago, I got notified that I'd be able to do so! I'm super excited to do that, but it does mean that I'll be gone for a couple of weeks. From May 31 till June 13 I won't be able to post anything. I won't have any internet access. However, on June 14 you can be sure that I'll be back, alive and kickin'! =D

While I'm gone, I do have something that I'd like you to check out, The YA Book Club. There's one book choice a month, and we discuss it in an online chatroom near the end of the month. June's pick is Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. The Page Flipper has set up a really cool forum where everyone can chat through the entire month! You should join! I've only been apart of this for a month or so, and I'm already enjoying it! When you join, be sure to say that I, Melanie, recruited you. Here is the link to the forum.

Below are some random contests that you can check out. Hope you enjoy!

Reviewer X is giving away one of each Lisa Schoeder's books to two lucky people. (ends June 3)

Steph is also giving away a copy of every single book Elizabeth Scott has ever written! (ends June 3)

Presenting Lenore is giving away a Penguin Reality Prize Pack containing 9 books. (ends June 3)

The Story Siren is giving away an ARC of Crazy, Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. (ends June 26)

Abby (the) Librarian is giving away an ARC of Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott (ends June 3rd)

GreenBean TeenQueen is giving away 3 books. (ends July 1)

Last but definitely not least Cindy Pon is hosting a giveaway in which the winner can recieve either one of Cindy's Chinese Brush Paintings or a $100 gift card to a book store of the winner's choice. Either way, the winner will also recieve a signed copy of The Silver Phoenix. All info on this contest can be found here.
(ends June 8)
Well, I guess I'll be talking to everyone again on the 14th! Can't wait! :)

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home