Saturday, June 27, 2009

God's Gift by Dee Henderson

James has been on the mission field for six years helping the people of Africa. It’s who he is and what he does. When he must return stateside because of an illness, he wonders what in the world God is doing. Rachel Ashcroft is still dealing with the grief from losing her fiancée/ business partner. She’s overwhelmed with work and rarely takes time off. Something has to give. As these two people work on figuring out what they will do with their lives and where they are going, they must figure out if they’re going there together.


True statement: Dee Henderson is my favorite Christian fiction author.

Her plots are always a bit complex, and her character always differ from the norm. The plot in this book was very interesting. There was a definitely a couple more twists than I was prepared for, so that helped me stay in the story. Also, all the characters were more than one-dimensional people. They had depth. They were far from perfect. They were people I know.

There was one problem in this book, and I’m not exactly sure why I felt this way. To me, the way the characters talked seemed a bit stilted. As in, it didn’t flow quite as smooth. I’m beginning to think it’s just me because I can’t place what it is that bothers me about the speech, exactly.

Overall, this was a good read from a great author.

My rating: 3/5 stars

Faithful Reader
Dancing Word
Amazon

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home