Friday, June 26, 2009

The Grand Hotel by Mary Davis

Aimee is on a treasure hunt. Family legend has it that one of her ancestor’s left something in the Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island when it was built. It is her dying grandmother’s wish that it be found. Once she gets to the island she runs into a problem; Dillon Thurough. He’s as uptight as Aimee is impulsive and they get in each other’s way immediately. But when Aimee runs into trouble, Dillon is there to help. How does a person who lives from day to day fall in love with a person who has a one, five, and ten year plan? And will Aimee ever find the treasure?

Okay, I’ll be the first to admit that there was nothing really original about this book. The plot, the characters; pretty much everything was a bit clichéd. I guess I must be a romantic, because even with all of that, I still enjoyed this book. It was a cute read, and it got me through a lazy afternoon. The characters were probably my favorite part. Aimee and Dillon are polar opposites and definitely put truth to the saying that opposites attract.

Overall, I know this book made me smile. However, whether I think you would enjoy this book or not is something I don’t know. I guess it depends on how much you enjoy seeing a happily ever after!

My rating- 2/5 stars

Amazon

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home