Thursday, June 18, 2009

Drive Me Crazy be Erin Downing

Kate thinks she has an amazing summer in front of her. She's going on a road trip with two friends up to their families' lake houses in Love, Wisconsin. Waiting for her there is Lucas, the guy she shared a hot end of the summer kiss with. She can't wait to see him again so they can get their romance going. Then everything falls apart. Her best friend's cousin is going on the road trip too! Adam is the last person Kate wants to see. He's sarcastic and a know-it-all. Kate just wants to get to Love and fall into Lucas' arms. But things don't always go as planned, and sometimes people can suprise you.

Drive Me Crazy is a fun, light read. Perfect for those lazy summer days. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from a "romantic comedy", but this book definitely pleased me. While I was reading, many of the characters in the book sounded like people I talk to every day! Kate's feelings toward Adam were very easy to relate to. I know I have some people in my life who can annoy me by just looking at me the wrong way! The characterization in this book was great.

The plot was a bit predictable. However, I think I enjoyed it that way. Instead of focusing on what the outcome would be, I ended up focusing more on the journey along the way. Kate's romance life was the main focus of the book, but there was also an adequate amount of attention paid to the minor characters. In fact, I think my favorite part of the book was watching Kate's friendship with her two best friends, Sierra and Alexis. Those girls could count on each other to watch out for them.

Now, all I want to know is, is there actually a place called Love, Wisconsin?

My rating- 3.5/5 stars

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home