Thursday, August 20, 2009

Envy by Anna Godbersen

In the third installment of this series things continue to heat up. No one is with who they want to be, and someone is telling every one's secrets. Only time will tell if these four girls, Diana, Elizabeth, Penelope, and Carolina, will ever get what they wish for.

This was a good book. However, it wasn't quite as exciting as its predecessors, The Luxe and Rumors. The plot was very slow. There were a couple instances where you could see what was going to happen, and it took too long for the actual event to occur. I think that if this book had been a bit shorter it would have been much better. There was a lot of waiting in this book. Everything felt so melodramatic because of that. Even though there was at least as much drama, in the previous books they went along fast enough to keep the readers in suspense. This book did not.

This was one of those books where I felt like slapping a lot of the characters over the head. Basically all of the waiting was due to the character's indecision. However, my favorites still kept me reading.

Overall, Envy wasn't a bad book. It just had a lot to live up to, and for me it didn't manage to do that. However, the ending still left me wanting more, so I will definitely be picking up the final installment of this series, Splendor. I'm hoping Godbersen can wrap this series up with a bang!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home