Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Going too Far by Jennifer Echols

In a small town everyone is known for something. Meg is no different. She's the wild person with blue hair who wears immodest clothes and doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks. That's how people see her, and that's who she is. One night with friends, she goes too far and gets caught. Now she's sentenced to a week of riding around in a cop car with the same cop who caught her. In the span of a single week, Meg's life changes in ways she can barely imagine.

Within the first couple chapters of the book, I was fairly sure that I didn't like Meg. She's basically the complete opposite of me. She doesn't care what anyone thinks whereas I have issues with trying to not care what people think. However, as the book progressed, I begin to like the way she thought. She's straight up and honest in her mind; doesn't sugar-coat anything.

At first, I thought I knew what would happen in the story. As I went along, I became unsure, and by the end I found out that I was completely wrong. I actually ended up rereading part of the book, and I found myself catching small signs that I had passed over as insignificant during the first time I read it. This book holds you in, and doesn't let you go until you reach the very last page.

Going Too Far is one of the best books I've read so far this year, and I highly suggest you give it a try.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Newer Post Older Post Home